Introduction about RGNIIPM
The Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Intellectual Property Management (RGNIIPM) is a Central Government Institute under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry is engaged in conducting Training, Awareness programs relating to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR’s)
i.e. Patents, Designs, Trademarks & Geographical Indications, Copyrights. Such IPRs are considered as a barometer of R&D activities, encourages technology transfer, national / foreign direct investments & helps in technological / industrial development. From
last many years it was observed that, filing of IP applications in the country are not increasing despite significant contribution towards R&D by various students, Institutes, Scientist and R&D organizations. Hence, RGNIIPM is decided to upgrade IP skills
of students/researchers, scientist etc. through training, free awareness programs at RGNIIPM and outside. Accordingly, you may apply to participate in the training or may depute officials from your organization
Scope of RGNIIPM Training, Awareness Programs
- To provide in house training to IPO officials,
- To conduct Refresher courses for IPO officials periodically,
- To conduct training programmes on IPRs for different types of stakeholders,
- To upgrade IP skills of Academic faculties and researchers by organizing IP training,
- To aware Govt. officials like Police, custom officials etc. about IP enforcement related issues,
- To give training to High Court and District Judges to familiarize them with IPRs,
- Training for legal professionals for updating the knowledge in enforcement & implementation of IP laws, Awareness programmes on IPR like Patent, Designs, Trademarks, GI and Copyrights.
Intellectual Property mainly consists of
Patent is an exclusive right granted by the Government to the applicant for his disclosed invention of product or process which should be new, non-obvious, useful and patentable as per the patentability criteria laid down in the national law. Patent offers
technical solution to a technical problem.
Protecting any shape, configuration, pattern, colour, and the creations of the appearance of industrial products.
Trade Mark is a visual symbol in the form of word, name, logo, label etc. as applied to an vendible article, with a view to indicate origin of manufacture or service or vendor in that respect and enable customers to distinguish the product of one manufacturer
from the goods of the other.
Geographical Indications of Goods are defined as that aspect of industrial property which refer to the geographical indication referring to a country or to a place situated therein as being the country or place of origin of that product. Typically, such
a name conveys an assurance of quality and distinctiveness which is essentially attributable to the fact of its origin in that defined geographical locality, region or country.
Copyright is a right given by the law to creators of literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works and producers of cinematograph films and sound recordings. It is a bundle of rights including rights of reproduction, communication to the public, adaptation
and translation of the work. The exclusive and assignable legal right, given to the originator for a fixed number of years, to print, publish, perform, film, or record literary, artistic, or musical material
Who can join Training Program
- There is no age limit to join training program
- Professors, Lecturers, Research scholars, Trainers etc.
- Any Students from perusing Law or Science or Commerce, Ph.D. Scholars etc.
- IPR attorney / Patent /TMR agents / Legal professionals, Advisors, Consultants etc
- Professionals from Industries, Research & Development Scientists etc.
- Officials from IPR cell, Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) / LPO Attorneys,
- Doctors, Engineers, Pharma professionals,
- Chartered Accountants, Company Secretary, officers from Management, Insurance personnel,
- Enforcement Agencies like Police, Custom officials, Government officials,
- OR Any other interested person.
How to Reach RGNIIPM Nagpur
Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Intellectual Property Management Govt. of India,
Hislop College Road, Civil Lines,
Near Nagpur University, Behind Air India office,
Nagpur, Maharashtra – 440 001, India
Training Timing: - 10.00 AM to 5.30 PM
Venue & Timing of Training
Public Training Programs’ at RGNIIPM, Nagpur, Maharashtra for 2016-17
DETAILS OF PUBLIC TRAINING PROGRAMS’ AT RGNIIPM, NAGPUR, MAHARASHTRA FOR 2017:-
|Name & duration of Training Program
||Training Programs Dates
||Training Fees Rupee
||Fee for Students
||Fee for 5 or more participants
||Fee for 11 or more participants
|Fees per participant (Rs)
|One week training program on Indian Patent filing procedure Patent Search exercises, Patent drafting exercises, International Patent filing
||13-17 Feb 2017
|Details about training program
|One day training Program on Introduction to Indian Patenting Procedures
||13 Feb 2017
|Two days training program on Patent Search
||14-15 Feb 2017
|Two days program on Patent Specification drafting & International Patent filing
||16-17 Feb 2017
- There are few seats for registration & will be based on first come first serve basis,
- The above training program fee is inclusive of tea, working lunch, training kit, bag and certificate of Participation,
- Separate registration form shall be filled to participate in different training programs
- The training program fee does not include the cost of accommodation and travel of participant.
Faculties for training program
- IPO faculties:- The faculties for training course will be the experts from Patent office, Trademark Registry, Geographical Indications Registry, Copyright offices.
- Guest faculty will be invited from various renowned organizations / Patent; Trademark attorney houses.
Tentative Syllabus of Training Program
Concession in Training Fees
- 50 % fee concession on “training fee“ for Students and Research scholars who are admitted or perusing at least one year course
during 2016-17 onwards . Students from “Distance Learning or Online Courses“ are not entitled to get “Students Concessions“. Participants seeking “Student concession“ in “training fees“ shall provide a self-attested copy of Bonafide certificate
from Institute OR self-attested copy of Identity card for the year 2016-17 from the respective Institute and should bring original at the time of training for verification.
- 25% fee concession on “training fee“ for any organization / Department nominating
5 or more participants for a single training program. Copy of self-attested valid Identity card of organization or letter for deputation from organization shall be provided. This concession will not be applicable to students, research scholars.
- 50% fee concession in “training fee“ for any organization / Department nominating
11 or more participants for a single training program. Copy of self-attested valid Identity card of organization / letter for deputation from organization shall be provided. This concession will not be applicable to students, research scholars.
Accommodation /Hotels details
Hotel Le-meridian (Sun N Sand Five star) with very reasonable rates as per contract with RGNIIPMP
- Services officered by Hotel under MAP plan
- Pick up drop from Railway /airport
- Pick up drop from RGNIIPM
- Breakfast, water bottles
- One time Lunch/Dinner etc.
Please make correspondence with following emails to avail discounted rates regarding participation in the desired training program & hotel only on
Mail id :email@example.com,
||Arrive at Nagpur by air/Train
||arrival date & time
||departure date & time
||who will pay
Mode of payment: Trainees from public programs shall directly pay to the Hotel. RGNIIPM will not be responsible for any hotel payment issues.
The details about booking hotels may be obtained from websites of different hotels by the trainees themselves. The non-exhaustive list of hotels etc. is given below:
|Hotel Sun Star
||Sitaburdi, Nagpur Modi number 4, HunamanLane, Mobile-8793000710 / 9561823325
||Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
||WHCRoad, Aath Rasta Square, LaxmiNagar, Nagpur Phone +91-8888870722/17, +91712-6888859 , +91712-2240780
|HotelCentre Point, Nagpur
Phone: 0712-6699000 ,0712-2420910
Nagpur - 440 001.
Maharashtra (INDIA) Toll Free No. 1800 2099050
ForReservation : +91-0712-6653666
|Hotel Hardeo, Nagpur
||Dr.Munje Marg, Sitabuldi,Nagpur 440012, Maharashtra State, India. +91-0712-2529116-18,2541019-22, 2551650. 712-2534885
||Hotel Dua Continental Mount RoadExtension, Kamptee Road Nagpur - 440001 Ph: 0712-6538801 /2520802
||2A, MountRoad Extension,
Sadar, Nagpur - India (440001) +91 07126616010 / 6616020 / 6616040
|SevenSuits and Services
||Opp.Shraddhanandpeth Petrol Pump.Zenda Sq.,Abhyankar Nagar, Nagpur 440022. Tel. +91712 2226777,2237777
Fax: +91 712 2240777
||5, KarveNagar, Wardha Road, Nagpur - 440015 (Maharashtra)India
Phone: +91-712-2286774, +91-712-2286760
||316/A, Beside Axis Bank, RabindranathTogore Marg, Civil Lines, Nagpur -440001+(91)-(712)-2529762 +(91)- 982345 7201
Download Registration/Application Form for Training(140
As there are limited seats hence interested candidates may reserve their seat by
Applying by e-mail to
email@example.com and reserve your seat by mentioning desired training progg, & thereafter attach scanned copy of Demand Draft & registration form
Applying by post/courier
Application on plain paper or by downloading the
Registration Form (140 KB) by giving details along with the Training Fee. The Application & Demand Draft should
be send to
Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Intellectual Property Management
Government of India, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, DIPP
3, Hislop College Road, Civil lines, Near Nagpur University,
Behind Air India Office, Nagpur, Maharashtra - 440001, India
Demand draft should be prepared in favour of “Patent Information System, Nagpur” payable at Nagpur. For the each training course separate registration form shall be filled.
The application form with Demand Draft shall be send by post/scan copy shall be send by email before training date,
Please note that without payment of training fee, the candidates name shall not be confirmed for the training programme
Applicant should bring copy of identity card from organization /passport/license/Aadhaar card
Documents required for
- Students or Research scholars who are appearing
- Bonafide certificate from Institute OR
- self-attested copy of Identity card for the year 2016-17 from the respective Institute Original is required for verification during training
- Participants who are seeking Fee concession for Bulk bookings
- self-attested valid Identity card of organization / letter for deputation from organization shall be provided
- Aadhaar Card / Pan card/Passport/ License/Voter card etc. Original is required for verification during training
- any participants without any fee concessions
- Aadhaar Card / Pan card/Passport/ License/Voter card etc
- Original is required for verification during training
Contact Persons for Registration for the training
Please contact during office Timings – Monday to Friday (9.30 Am to 6 Pm)
Shri Pradeep Jaiswal, Mobile: 9422812261
Shri Ashwin P Turankar, Mobile: 9422809065
Shri Pramod Pekade Mobile: 9850965998
Shri Sarang Patil, Mobile 9922453057
Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Intellectual Property Management
Government of India - Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion
Office of the Controller General of Patents, Designs, Trademarks
3,Hislop College Road, Civil lines, Near Nagpur University, Behind Air India Office
Nagpur, Maharashtra - 440001
phone: 0712 –2542961 / 2542979 / 2540913 / 2540922
Fax: 0712 - 2542955